CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How Did I Get Sucked into This Show?

I'm really not sure why, but I have recently become addicted to "Dancing with the Stars" - like I needed another television show to occupy my very few free moments in the evening. I think the reason I gave it more than a fleeting thought this season was because Shawn Johnson is one of the contestants. I am one of those insane people who stayed up every night until 1:00 a.m. during the Summer Olympics to watch her tumble her way across China. Suffice it to say, I'm a fan and am excited to watch her compete again. There's just something about her that makes me smile - isn't she sweet?

Now that I have gotten into the show, I am completely hooked. There are several stars competing this year that I actually care about, and several I will be thrilled to see go. Sadly, one of my favorites got canned last night, and I might add, I think a bit prematurely.

Call me crazy, but I am convinced Carrie Ann Inaba has had it in for Holly Madison since the moment she first danced across the stage. I don't know if Carrie Ann is just a big fan of Jewel, or if she thinks Holly Madison is an embarrassment to women everywhere, but either way, I think she was pretty rough on her. Granted, all three judges had their share of negative comments for her, but come on, Steve-O stays on and Holly goes? What kind of reality-game-show-obsessed world are we living in? Poor Holly, first she's out of the Playboy mansion, and now she's been kicked to the curb on a weekly dance competition starring second-tier celebrities. How much more can she take? It may sound strange that I would be rooting for both the all-American good girl and Hef's latest castoff, but that's just the type of complex girl I am. (And you thought you had me all figured out).

Well, here's hoping Shawn Johnson continues to do well, and if not, Gilles is always worth watching. I'm just glad they had the good sense to dance Denise Richards out the door last week.

1 comments:

Michele said...

I'm so glad you came over to the dark side. I've been addicted to DWTS since the first season! Now you need to start watching American Idol!

Post a Comment