CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Healthy Days are Here Again

After unloading in my last entry about the sickness that has overwhelmed my family, I am happy to report that my family is once again back to normal. I took Isabella to the pediatrician on Tuesday because she was still running a low-grade fever. I was thrilled to find out that her ears, throat and chest were all clear and the fever was an anomaly and was expected to disappear at any time. Sure enough, by Wednesday morning, she was fever-free and back to normal.

She got to go back to preschool today, which she had missed so much. Her teacher, Mrs. Juanita, said that Isabella danced around the classroom on her toes all morning and was too excited to eat her lunch or watch the short film they were showing in honor of Dr. Seuss Week. It makes a mommy so happy to hear news like that.

Since both she and Sophia were so feeling well, and because it has been such a beautiful day, I thought I would take them to the mall this afternoon to pick up a couple of gifts . Big mistake! For those of you who know me best, you know I have never been one to stay home just because I have two little bitties. I love getting out with my girls and 99% of the time, it is largely uneventful. Today was one of the exceptions. When we are home, my girls take a three-hour nap from noon to 3:00 p.m. On preschool days, this schedule is disrupted; Isabella gets about a 45-minute nap and Sophia is lucky to get a cat nap before we have to pick up her sister. This was apparently not enough sleep to make it through even one store before we had two meltdowns, which culminated in Isabella dropping her Disney Princess sippy cup "somewhere" in JC Penney, which prompted me to go on a 10-minute hunting expedition, only to discover that the "somewhere" she had dropped it was underneath her seat in the stroller. In other words, we had had it the entire time and did not need to bother the two salespeople and countless customers I encountered on my search. Fun times.

On a slightly related note, while I was at JC Penney, I took note of several tops, purses and pairs of shoes I wanted to investigate for my Spring/Summer wardrobe, which currently consists of several faded, stained or otherwise embarrassing items and two pairs of pajamas. It looks like I'll be wearing the pajamas when I go out because there is nothing appealing about the thought of locking myself into a dressing room with my double-stroller, a toddler, a 1-year-old, the latest Spring fashions and two impending meltdowns. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Staci, you are so funny. I have been there, oh have I ever. The cup thing is a classic. I hate that you had this experience, but love that I am not the only one. You are such a great writer!

LisaLisa said...

Love the new look of the blog! I, too, have been there, done that. Lucky for you it's only occasionally...I actually stopped taking mine anywhere for awhile because it was pretty much a given one of the two would have a fit of some sort. :) Glad you found some things at JCP. I've had a lot of luck there since they remodeled and started carrying some new and updated lines. Happy shopping! And if you need a babysitter so you can have a little peace and quiet just let me know!

Post a Comment