CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Wonderful Mother's Day Weekend

What a truly special Mother's Day I had this year. Phillip and my little ones went out of their way to make the entire weekend one to remember. It all began when I picked up Isabella from preschool late last week and was presented with my very first handmade Mother's Day gift.


Isabella and her teacher, Mrs. Juanita, made me this little flower. Isabella hand-painted the flower and little pot all by herself. She was so proud of it, she wanted to take it with her when I put her down for her nap. I managed to sneak this photo without waking her.

Next, Sophia made my Mother's Day extra special by taking her first continuous steps. She had already been taking one or two steps at a time, but last week she finally decided it was time to walk. Phillip managed to get one photo of her in action. Notice the blur behind her as she moved. My life is about to get even busier.

Saturday morning we got up and went to breakfast as a family, as we usually do. We love to take Isabella to McDonald's. She plays on the slide and then runs by our table every few minutes for a forkful of gravy and biscuits, her very favorite food.


Next, we went to Lowe's to buy flowers for our front flower beds. We let Isabella choose one special flower of her own to take care of. She chose a very pretty yellow one, which we planted right in the middle (where she told us to, of course). Isabella had a wonderful time digging with her pink trowel and watering everything but the flowers with her pink watering can. It was a very special thing to work in the yard for the first time as a family.

While the girls were asleep, Phillip brought me a bouquet of flowers for Mother's Day. He chose the white roses and purple penstemons himself. They made a beautiful spring arrangement.


After the girls got up from their naps, we went to mom and dad's house for dinner.


The girls had a ball riding the four-wheeler with their Daddy and Pappy.




The next morning we went to church. Phillip ordered my favorite Chinese take-out for lunch, and while we waited, we took some family pictures around the church after the parking lots cleared.







After the girls' nap, we visited with Phillip's mom and dad for a little while and then took the girls to the park. Sophia had a ball watching her big sister from her wagon seat and Isabella kept her daddy busy on the swings and slides.



After the girls went to bed, Phillip grilled steaks for dinner and we settled in to watch Desperate Housewives together. It was truly a very special weekend. I feel so blessed to have my little family and I know I will cherish these memories forever.

1 comments:

Michele said...

I love all the pictures! Especially the one of Isabella sleeping with the flower. So sweet! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Post a Comment