CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Now What Am I Going to Do?

I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and got some truly awful news...


THEY'VE STOPPED CARRYING RINGO'S!!!

In fact, according to their frozen foods manager, they've "deleted them from [their] inventory, and don't even have a spot on the shelf for them anymore." Whose misguided, boneheaded, uninformed-knowledge-of-how-a-two-year-old's-mind-works idea was this?!

What, you may ask, are Ringo's? Well, for one, they are frozen pieces of pre-cooked chicken formed into a ring-like shape. (I'm Queen of the Obvious tonight). Secondly, and most importantly, Ringo's are just about the only thing Isabella will eat! (Note the panic in my voice). I truly don't know what I'm going to do. My child won't eat just any chicken nugget like most kids. No, for some reason my child specifically likes these, and requests them with "tetchup" on a nearly daily basis.

If anyone sees these in any other grocery store, please let me know. Before long, I suspect they will appear on e-bay as some unscrupulous frozen-foods distributor discovers the army of preschooler moms who are desperate to feed their children ring-shaped, compressed, frozen chicken that microwaves to perfection in just one minute.

Hey, you do what you have to do to get your 25-pound preschooler to eat. Can I get an "Amen?"

4 comments:

Becky said...

Oh. That really stinks. Maybe someone carries chicken in another shape? You should write the company!

Faith said...

There is a brand that Ingles carries in the same shape. The bag is VERY similar. We get the ring-os too, and I have almost picked up the Ingles ones by accident. We have moved to the Banquet chicken nuggets in a stick or bar shape. Maybe Isabella will not notice the brand change if they look the same?.?.?

Michele said...

Have you tried the dinosaur nuggets in the purple box? My kids like those and they are less fattening than most of the others including Tyson and Banquet. Hope you find a suitable replacement soon! :)

LisaLisa said...

I, too, have seen the ones at Ingles that look just like Ringos. They are disgusting. But I've never had Ringos so they may taste just the same. Not that I question your child's taste. Haha! Good luck in the Ringo search...

Post a Comment