CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our Little Chef

A few nights ago, I decided that Isabella was ready to try making her own dinner. I thought it might be fun for her to make pizza, so I gave her a pre-made mini pizza crust and strapped her into her booster seat. I measured out some pizza sauce and shredded mozzarella into prep bowls, gave her spoon and told her to go for it.

I showed her how to spread the sauce and sprinkle the cheese. I was really surprised by how diligent and patient she was. She never offered to make a mess with the sauce, which was the part that made me question the sanity behind this little project.


She also sprinkled what cheese she didn't shove into her mouth beautifully.

I demonstrated the oven's timer for her so she would know what to listen for. When the buzzer sounded, she climbed back into her booster seat herself and announced, "Pizza time!"

I think she really enjoyed her first "Bella-cooked" meal.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Looks like fun! Yummy!

Becky said...

What a great lesson. So many of those little things that are so important to do with our kids. I bet it was very special for her.

Post a Comment